The Fringe Benefits of Drinking Coffee
Coffee does more than clear your mental cobwebs in the morning. It also slows down aging and prevents certain chronic illnesses. Read on to discover the many benefits of this ubiquitous drink.
- Coffee contains antioxidants that prevent aging. Over time, your body can “rust,” or oxidate. Free radicals in food and the environment cause this oxidation; antioxidants neutralize free radicals and prevent cell damage. Stop free radicals in their tracks by starting your day with an antioxidant-rich cup of coffee.
- Coffee is a diuretic that cleans your system. Every day, you face an onslaught of increasing numbers of toxins in the environment. Cleansing your system is more important than ever. As a natural diuretic, coffee helps keep your system clean.
- Your morning Joe boosts your exercise regimen. The caffeine in coffee increases your stamina. This allows you to exercise more vigorously in a shorter period of time. Coffee drinkers also report less discomfort associated with exercise.
- Caffeine increases your mental acuity. It speeds your thought process and improves your memory. In today’s competitive world, it is important to stay mentally sharp.
- Coffee is thought to prevent Parkinson’s. Some research indicates that coffee may prevent degenerative diseases like Parkinson’s. In all likelihood, this is due to the cleansing and antioxidant properties of coffee.
- Your risk of a type II diabetes is reduced if you are a coffee drinker. Reduce your chances of developing this potentially deadly condition by controlling your weight and enjoying your morning coffee.
- Coffee is an appetite suppressant. It is no coincidence that many diet pills contain caffeine. To reduce your appetite and lose weight, consume coffee in moderation.
- Coffee drinkers live longer. Studies show that those who drink coffee tend to have lower mortality rates than those who do not. This is just another reason to relish your morning treat.
- Your risk of breast cancer is reduced by drinking coffee. Studies show that coffee can reduce the risk of breast cancer. The results are most pronounced among post-menopausal women.
- Coffee staves off Alzheimer’s. The caffeine in coffee prevents the onset of Alzheimer’s among those 65 and older. Perhaps the energy boost helps them stay active, which in turn keeps their minds sharp.
The health benefits of coffee are many. It keeps you young and vibrant, and helps fend off disease. It also gives you a competitive edge at work and at the gym. Enjoy coffee in moderation, and experience a host of benefits.